Sunday, May 22

May 22


for some unknown reason i was wide awake at 5am... that hardly happens, cuz i'm not a morning person.. uhhh nayy vuhhhhhh.



maybe i was excited at the thought of participating in the charity walk @ marina bay sand, i was afraid i might miss my alarm clock and therefore my body was on auto mode. feeling restless i finally get off my butt around 515am, iron my bermuda (mom have a fits if i walkout in shorts), took my shower, did my prayer and dash out of the house like my pant on fire, as it turns out i'm about to be late. it doesn't help that the dam train decide to be late.



thank gawd, ina has enough sense to ques in the registration line while waiting for us. after paying S$10, we hang around and decides to munch on marble cake and isotonic drink to give us a little bit of energy since we all step out of the house early hour of the morning on an empty stomach.



the walk took off at 8am and surrounded by more than 5000 folks. the initial start was kind of slow but as folks start to phase out there was enough room for everyone. 4km walk was easy for me, now if you ask me to jog.. hmmm i might need a medic at the 1km point..nah more like the 500 meter point..lets not kid myself now...lol



the weather was good as we completed the walk. the tiring part was queuing up to collect the goodie bag which i felt they should have done a better job of distributing.



this is the best birthday after so many years of blah. i spend time with my best friends from school days. not forgetting all the best wishes from friends and of course the presents.. hee hee.





best of all... kiss from mom on my birthday. =:O)






ps: i shouldn't feel disappointed because he didn't call. but i do...


2 comments:

Dee said...

Happy birthday and congratulations on your 4K
Hope you do it again many years to come.

GiGi - The Shy Giraffe said...

ahhhh thank you Diedra. i actually enjoys that 4k walk eventhough it gets bit claustaphobic.