Friday, November 9

You, Dr. Burke... Me, Christina

When I managed to catch the early bus, I could see him on the opposite side of the train track, waiting for the same train to take us to our daily destination. Sometimes, when I'm late... I will miss him at the train station. Secretly, I look forward to this morning ritual, just to have a peek at him. A little disappointed when I'm late and miss him.

He stands tall with confidence in his pose. He has a *lanky* build. Maybe a little skinny for my taste. Wonders if extra helping of chickens will put that extra *meat* on him...lol. Guess, it don't matter if you just *admiring*. His crisp shirt nicely coordinated with the tie and always paired with dark pant.... hardly a creased to be seen. Does he iron his own shirt, perhaps he has a part time maid who came over and do house chores. He always carries a backpack and listen to his ipod... I wonder what he listens to, what his favourite music. Wonder if he can shake his tail feather or do the electric slide... hee hee.

When the train arrived, we boarded from our side always meeting by the door. My eyes averted from looking directly at him. At time, I dare myself to look him in the eye but I chicken out...lol. I don't want to be caught staring, and I have never been brave enough to look at a man directly... especially the one I been stalking from far. Well if you can call it stalking...lol.

I will steal quick glances every few minutes, in his direction trying not to be so damn obvious. I wonders who he is, where he's from.. does he has a woman.. sigh. I don't see wedding ring on his finger, yes I managed to sneak a peak on that details. However, most men don't wear their wedding band either.

Sometimes, we stood next to each other and I tried to smell his cologne. Trying hard to sniff his odor but failing to do so, makes me wonder if he's not a cologne kind of guy. Maybe my smelling sense failed me...lol. At times, he has this smug look on his face. You know the kind that caught you in a dilemma of not knowing whether to slap or kiss him till you run out of breath.

I have a stupid smile on my face. Its silly I know, but for that few minutes, I feels like a teenager having her first crush. I be looking in all direction except him. Pretending to be fascinated by the damn billboard sign, when I wonder what it feels like to kiss him and have his big eyes looking back at you. When we arrived at our destination, his long legs and quick stride will pass me, eager to get his day started... sign of a workaholics?... Who knows...

I called him my *Dr. Burke* (Isiah Washington character in Grey Anatomy). There a similarity in looks with the exception of him being caramel skin. I never seen him talking to anyone while waiting for the train to arrive, nor have I ever heard his voice. Hence, I can't tell his accent. I'm not sure of his origin, he could be African American, but he could also be a Moroccan.. sigh.

Only thing I'm sure of... he works at IBM, couple of buildings away from where I'm at.

I will do my morning routine, *admire/stalk* whatever, him from afar and get lost in my own world, pretending to be his *Christina*.... lol..

A lady can dream.. can't she?....



No comments: